2012 CSA is closed.

We have reached our limit for this year. Please come see us at the farmers market or sign up next year. Thank you new CSA members we look forward to meeting you!

Advertisements

6 thoughts on “2012 CSA is closed.

1. Tracy G April 1, 2012 / 8:00 am

Congratulations on filling all the spots! Dan and I will be excited to attend the open house in May. We originally heard about the CSA concept back in 2007, and yours is the first we’ve had an opportunity to join.

I’m looking forward to finding creative ways to use everything that shows up in our box. We’ll probably be leaning heavily on our old favorite cookbook, the Moosewood Restaurant Daily Special, plus one that’s new to us, From Asparagus to Zucchini: A Guide to Cooking Farm-Fresh Seasonal Produce from the Madison Area Community Supported Agriculture Coalition.

Do you have any other favorites that you particularly recommend?

• 26TH STREET FARM April 2, 2012 / 8:03 pm

Hi Tracy-

Those both are great! ‘The Farmer’s Kitchen’ is another one that I like. Two others are ‘Simply in Season’, and ‘Extending the Table’. The latter is this great around the world cookbook that has both stories and recipes that have simple fresh ingredients. I am going to compile a couple of books so that people can take a look at them at the open house. We will also be providing recipes in our newsletter. It’s so exciting that the local food movement has taken off so immensely, and the vast amount of resources there are!

2. Lesa April 2, 2012 / 5:24 pm

Darn, I waited too long. I talked myself out of joining and then reconsidered.

3. Lesa April 2, 2012 / 5:35 pm

…unless you have room for a small 2-person box!

• 26TH STREET FARM April 2, 2012 / 8:06 pm

Hi Lesa-

We are currently evaluating our abilities to open our membership to a larger number. We have continued to have interest after filling up, but we want to make sure we are able to provide before we can commit. We will let you know if this happens.

We have heard a lot from people interested in small boxes or splitting shares. Next year we will either offer a mini share, or create a “box-buddy” system to connect people. I hope that regardless you will have the opportunity to come see us at the local farmer’s market, or join us next year!

• Lesa April 2, 2012 / 10:13 pm

Hello,
        Yes, please let me know if you open up your membership. I also like the ideas of mini shares as it is just my husband and I and we are new to this CSA thing! The box buddy system is a neat idea also as that is the cause of my delay. I was trying to think of someone to ask to “split” a small share with us. Regardless, I will see you at the Farmer’s Market!